Saturday, November 10, 2012

V-FLASH and 3D Systems

V-FLASH... every printout is an adventure. Y'know the kind... where most everybody dies from exposure or starvation and you end up eating your bunkmate. Sigh. Only five months til I get my Form1. Then life will be sweetness and roses... (I can hope)

Our friend Scott over at Messy Desk wanted a 1/60th scale Whitworth, so I thought I'd give it a go on the V-FLASH this weekend.

Lets see... took me an hour and a half to clean and prep the printer. First it needed cleaning. Then the resin in the cartridge needed to be mixed (it kept coming out clear and inconsistent). Then the header came off the tranparent feeder. Then I found the missing pin and reassembled it. Then I put the cartridge back together without the resin feed tube connected. Then I took it apart again. Then I lost a spring from the drive coupler. Then I found the spring again. Then I put the cartridge back together. Then I cleaned it again. Then I started printing.





So maybe, just maybe, there's a 1/60th scale Whitworth printing as I type...

ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! I coulda had an Objet by now...

Why 3D Systems would continue to use FTI technology in their new Projet Printers is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment