Sunday, January 18, 2015

Tentative Plans for 2015

So what do I have planned for 2015 we'll pretend you asked?

I've got 3 more 1:100th scale mechs that I want to print before moving on to other things. I've got STL files that I downloaded for the Deimos and the Atlas (MWO version) that I want to print for myself to help bulk out the 1:100th scale collection. Also want to get around to designing and printing a Gargoyle/Man-o-War.

THEN I want to seriously look at converting all of my 1:100th scale patterns to 1:60th scale to print out for others (1:100th will continue to be my preferred gaming scale but I've starting to collect a small pile of 1:60th scale stuff despite myself... I'm hoping that with the Form1 and cheaper 3rd party resins, that I can come in at similar prices to cast mechs.

To summarize, I currently have 3D models and STL files for the following (based for the most part on artwork found in the original release of TRO3050)

Urbanmech, Flea, Vulcan, Whitworth, Sentinel, Scorpion, Rakshasa, Hatamoto Chi, Ryoken, Fenris (Gargoyle coming soon)

I also have STL files for a few others, but because I just downloaded them and printed them, I won't be offering those. My intent would be to upscale the parts, add a little more detail and re-hollow them to make them more suitable to print at the larger scale. At a guess, I think I can hit $70 with the 45 tonners with assault mechs pushing closer to $200 -- but I'll have to see how much plastic I can hollow out of the larger scale mechs.

Anyone that is interested in pursuing this can contact me via the blog or at
bverde84 atsine hotmail dawt com

Let me know which mechs you would like me to upscale first. Worth noting, I probably won't be starting the 1/60th scale projects til June or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment